During your studies you may want or have to make changes to your program. For example, you may add or drop French Immersion Studies or the Extended French Stream, or change your specialization or discipline.

Period to request a program change

The program change period runs from February 25 to August 31 for Fall/Winter registration and, in a limited number of programs, from October 1 to November 30 for Winter registration, we strongly encourage you to make your request between February 25 and March 31 so that you will be able to register for courses in your new program during the next registration period.

Period to request a program change - OPEN for Winter 2016 session

The period for making changes to your program for the Winter 2016 is now open; however, only certain programs in the Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Science and the Faculty of Law (Civil Law Section) are available for winter admission.

Information fair on program changes

Coming soon! 

When: Thursday, February 25, 2016, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Where: Jock Turcot University Centre (UCU), concourse level

At some point during your studies, you’ll have the chance to discover different fields and personalize your program. You can create your own academic path and get a made-to-measure degree based on your choices and program requirements. To discover the possibilities your program offers and see whether your need to make any changes to it, stop by the information fair on program changes.

A detailed schedule of the day’s events will be available in January 2016.

Who is this process for?

This process is for undergraduate students who want to make changes to their current bachelor’s or are considering transferring to a bachelor’s program offered in a direct-entry faculty (Arts, Science, Social Sciences, Engineering, Health Sciences or the Telfer School of Management).

This process doesn’t apply to the following situations
  • You’re applying to a professional program offered by the faculties of Education, Law or Medicine. If so, follow the Admissions Office process.
  • You want to apply to a graduate program. If so, the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies can provide you with more information.
  • You’re currently registered at the University of Ottawa, expect to graduate soon and would like to apply to an undergraduate program to complete an additional degree in a faculty other than your current one. If so complete the Application for Undergraduate Admission.
  • You’re not currently registered in the Co-operative Education Program (CO-OP) and would like to add CO-OP to your main study module. If so, check if CO-OP is offered, then open a session in uoZone and follow the steps in the COOP Navigator. Find out more about CO-OP.
Back to top