Numerous studies show that those who volunteer to help others also feel better about themselves. With your desire to enrich your community and your own life, and by giving your time and expertise, you will realize that you truly can make a difference.
Advantages of gaining experience through volunteering
- Gain valuable practical work experience related to your field of study;
- Learn more about a particular field of work or industry;
- Help out a community organization and gain confidence and compassion while developing your employability skills, such as leadership;
- Establish contacts within your potential career field;
- Enhance your resumé;
- Obtain professional references.