Most tasks related to enrolment can be done through the Enrol application, accessible when you open a uoZone session as a stand-alone app as well as through your Student Center. However, if you have to make an in-person request or carry out certain tasks, you may need one of these forms.

Enrolment forms

Course enrolment (regular students)

To enrol in courses at the University of Ottawa, go to uoZone (under Applications, click Enrol). If you’re not able to enrol online, complete the undergraduate course enrolment form (PDF, 229KB). 

Course enrolment (non-degree students)

Please see the instructions on the non-degree students web page.

Course enrolment (international exchange students at the University of Ottawa)

If you’re taking a course at the University of Ottawa as part of a student exchange, complete the undergraduate course enrolment form for incoming exchange students (PDF, 148KB). before you arrive and send it to the faculty academic advisor you’ve been assigned at the University of Ottawa. This advisor will handle your enrolment for the duration of your exchange at the University of Ottawa.

Change or cancellation of enrolment (regular and non-degree students)

If you wish to change or cancel your enrolment, try to do it first online in uoZone (under Applications, click Enrol). If you’re not able to, complete the Modification/Cancellation of enrolment form (PDF, 228KB) and bring it to the academic secretariat of your faculty or school.

Permission to take courses at another university

If you’d like to take one or more courses at a university other than the University of Ottawa, Carleton University, Saint Paul University or Dominican University College, please visit the Letter of Permission web page and fill out the application form.

Administrative fees apply for a letter of permission request.

University of Ottawa-Carleton University exchange program

If you’re a University of Ottawa student and would like to study at Carleton University as part of an exchange agreement with this university, please visit the University of Ottawa-Carleton University exchange program web page and fill out the application form.

Request for prior-learning recognition

The University of Ottawa recognizes that learning can occur not only by taking university courses (or their equivalent), but also through professional experience, self-teaching, non-credited courses, workplace training and other situations. Prior learning recognition (PLR) makes it possible for students who have acquired knowledge in a non-traditional manner to receive advanced standing for a course with a specific course code offered at the University, or in certain cases, to be granted an exemption. To request PLR, complete the Request for Prior-Learning Recognition form (PDF, 235KB) and submit it with all the required documents to the academic secretariat of your faculty or school during your first term at the University of Ottawa.

Administrative fees apply for the request for prior-learning recognition.

Useful resources

Sample timetables

Planning your course schedule before the enrolment period begins will give you a good idea of what courses to add to your schedule when you start enrolling in uoZone.

Course timetable

The course timetable lets you search a database of all the courses offered at the University, read course descriptions and see the different course sections as well as their time and teaching method.

Use the course timetable search tool

Timetable template

Build your course timetable for the Fall and Winter terms. The template is already divided into timeslots according to the University’s course schedule.

Printable PDF course timetable (PDF, 107KB)

Program and course calendars

Consult the official source of information on all University of Ottawa programs. You can find your program requirements, such as which mandatory, optional and elective courses you need to take, and read course descriptions.

Find your program

Evaluation of teaching and courses (S-Report)

At the end of every course of at least nine hours with the same professor, you fill out an Evaluation of Teaching and Courses form to evaluate the course. Once compiled, results are available in the S-Report. This report provides information on aspects of professors’ teaching, which can help you select your courses. You can see the S-Report via uoZone under the Applications tab.


To help you with course enrolment, we’ve created video tutorials which can be found on the Enrolment support page. In addition, we offer other tutorials in PDF format which provide tips and explain functions like finding and changing courses, using your shopping cart, adding your name to a waitlist, checking your progress towards completing your academic requirements and much more.

See the tutorials under the various uoZone applications.