Suggested course sequence 2022
|1st year (33 course units)||
|2nd year (27 course units)||
|3rd year (30 course units)||
|4th year (30 course units)||
1. All non-keyboard majors must demonstrate piano proficiency at a Grade VI RCMT-level or pass a proficiency examination set by the School of Music in order to obtain the BMus degree.
2. Students must choose between the following options: Option 1 - MUS1030, MUS2030 and MUS3030; Option 2 - MUS1032, MUS2032, MUS3032. (See References - Program Requirements).
3. See References - Specific Sector Requirements.
4. If your sector requires that you complete more than 12 course units of ensemble courses, you may use your optional course units according to the chosen profile to meet the specific sector requirements. (See References - Specific Sector Requirements).
5. AHL1100 and AHL1900 have variable topics. Students may take these courses twice.
6. MUS3032 is reserved for students accepted in the Performance profile. (See References - Course Descriptions).
7. Profile is chosen at the end of the second year. Choices are: General, Composition, Music Education, Performance, Piano Pedagogy, Theory and Musicology, Arts Administration. (See References - Program Requirements).
8. At least one course in French as a Second Language (FLS). An exemption from this requirement is given to students who obtain an equivalency for the language proficiency test (FLS3500) or who pass a music (MUS) course offered in French. The course is then to be replaced by 3 elective course units.