- Currently occupy a leadership role in the federal public service (EX-2 and EX-3 levels), or an equivalent position in a provincial or municipal government, or the private or not-for-profit sectors;
- Feel a strong desire to assume a greater leadership role in the Canadian public sector (or related functions);
- Have a degree from a recognized degree-granting institution in Canada or abroad;
- Be recommended by the relevant Deputy Minister, or Assistant Deputy Minister, or equivalent;
- Be willing to commit to complete the Program assignments, attend the sessions, and participate actively; and
- Be functionally bilingual, especially with a reasonable level of oral comprehension of both English and French.
The normal two-year cost for the Program is $36,000, which covers tuition, instructional materials, on-site meals for Ottawa sessions, and coaching. Sponsoring organizations also need to cover participants’ travel and accommodation costs for the three study tours, and any sessions outside Ottawa. The Program fee of $36,000 is payable in a) one installment of $36,000 or b) two installments of $18,000.
Participants not based in the National Capital Region will be responsible for similar costs when attending the regular sessions, but will be assisted by reimbursement of normal travel and accommodation costs of up to $10,000.