The Program is designed to prepare promising executives for positions of greater leadership responsibility in regulatory functions and to take on expanded leadership roles in the future.
Effective leaders are continuous learners. Accordingly, the Program demands active engagement of the participants:
- to prepare by completing assigned readings;
- to participate actively in the sessions and the study tour;
- to share responsibility for group activities and presentations;
- to prepare “leadership practice” self assessments at the beginning and end of the program;
- to maintain a learning journal throughout the Program.
The time commitment for participants is a day and a half per month over the Program’s 9 months, with additional time for preparation and a study tour as follows:
- Nine sessions (normally one and one-half days each in duration) totalling 16 days;
- One 3-day study tour in Canada;
- About one additional half-day per month for reading and assignments.
The Program culminates in a Certificate conferred jointly by the University of Ottawa and Carleton University. It does not confer in formal academic credits. The Program modules are offered bilingually in English and French, with participants and presenters alike speaking or writing in the official language of their choice.