Human Resources supports the vision and mission of the University of Ottawa, which aims to offer university community members an unparalleled experience. In particular, Human Resources does the following:
- Provides quality and innovative HR services to attract, develop, motivate and retain diverse talent within a supportive work environment.
- Implements HR strategy, programs and practices that are aimed at promoting a spirit of service excellence, based on consultation with the uOttawa community.
- Encourages faculties and services to implement sound HR practices.
- Facilitates workplace relations that favour a culture of partnership.
- Encourages people to develop the necessary skills and confidence to offer the university community the best possible experience.
- Works with the university community to better identify and respond to its changing needs.
The Human Resources team plays the role of catalyst for the best possible work experience.
- Integrity and respect
- Diversity and inclusion
- Integration and network-building
- Innovation to achieve service excellence based on the needs of the university community