Terms of participation
By participating in the course, you agree to the following terms:
Online code of conduct
To ensure a high-quality learning environment, supportive for everyone, attendance will be taken at the start of each class. As well, we encourage these good practices to further mutual respect and consideration in the group:
It’s important to:
- Arrive 10 minutes early to check your connection.
- Be sure you have your course material and remove any distractions.
- Mute your microphone when another person is speaking.
- Turn on your camera so you’re actively and visually present during the class.
- Be respectful at all times.
No disrespectful comments or speech will be tolerated.
The University of Ottawa will record every class and own the recordings. We reserve, for example, the right to share them in whole or in part with course participants, the Ontario Ministry of Education, participating school boards and their schools.
Any other recording requires the written consent of the professor as well as those attending the class. You must agree to use the recording for personal and educational purposes only. In other words, you agree to not publicize or share the recording you make through any means.
Punctuality and attendance
Punctuality and attendance are basic requirements of all teaching professionals. You must both attend and be on time. Arriving late to class creates a distraction from the course content for both students and teachers. If you’re absent for a significant reason or due to a prior agreement with the professor, you must send the professor a 500-word summary (one page single spaced) of the key course content you missed before you return for the following class. We will meet with any student not consistently on time and present, and may require an additional assignment. Finally, repeated absences (with or without reason) and tardiness will lead to a meeting with the professor and a note on this issue being sent to your school principal.
- Send your application to take part to your school by November 6, 2023.
- Send your completed and signed registration and consent forms to the University of Ottawa by December 1. 2023.
- Meet the deadlines for the you’ll be told about at the first class.
- If you withdraw from the course, email by January 20, 2024, to let us know.