After two years into a pandemic and online classes, our students are finally back on campus. During this time, the University has made several changes to improve the student experience, taking into consideration the suggestions and comments you sent us!
- The is provided by the Student Support team to help you manage more complex situations.
- The University offers a multitude of led by a University of Ottawa clinical psychologist. and discover useful strategies for your academic and personal life!
- Consult the that gathers all the resources available to you!
- In 2021, the University of Ottawa officially signed and adopted the
Living in residence
- Student cards have been assigned directly to you during your move-in, to ensure a smooth installation.
- From the start of the school year, you will be able to access your residence or your room with your student card.
Access to services
- The University uses a virtual queue management system called . The adoption of this system optimizes time by informing you of the wait time and by notifying you once your turn has come.
- The has set up a fast lane for students who use their student card as a method of payment.
- The Pool and Gymnasium in the Montpetit building have been modernized and upgraded since the end of 2020, including new saunas, improvement of gym floors, and enhanced air quality.
- Three of the food sites were renovated during the pandemic: Element Café (RGN), Starbucks (DMS), and 800˚ Pizza (SITE).
- Among other things, classrooms MHN 033 and MHN 257 in Hamelin Hall have been renovated with new furniture and new technologies. In addition, the bypass between Simard Hall and Hamelin Hall has been redesigned to provide more space for students.