- Enters discussions with a firm understanding of personal privilege and preconceptions in such a way that facilitates communication and promotes respect for all individuals.
- Realizes the benefits of understanding and participating in multilingual and multicultural conversations.
- Engages with social and political issues in both official languages, and actively seeks out information from both French and English sources.
- Articulates a complex understanding of cultural differences leveraging and exploring knowledge of diverse cultural history, values, beliefs and practices.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of his/her discipline from another linguistic and/or cultural perspective.
- Interacts and communicates messages appropriately, taking into consideration the participants’ cultural and historical context and implicit expectations.
- Considers, understands, negotiates and balances various points of view and beliefs in order to find solutions that are inclusive, feasible and acceptable to all individuals.
- Can understand and/or participate in public speeches in either official language.