Universities studies lead to multiple occupations. Furthermore, certain professions require talent, special aptitudes, additional skills and experience beyond degrees themselves.
In order to list your choices, visit the website and, using the National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes, view job postings, wages, employment prospects and other important information that can help you make a decision. The occupations found below are examples derived from the .
Occupations related to this program
- Land Surveyor
Natural and applied science policy researchers, consultants and program officers
- Energy policy analyst
- Environmental impact analyst
- Environmental issues lobbyist
- Natural resources policy analyst
Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
- Environmental officer
- Environmental health officer
Technical occupations in geomatics and meteorology
- Aerial photograph analyst
- GIS (geographic information system) forester
Urban and land use planners
- Urban planner
Senior managers – construction, transportation, production and utilities
- Transit system general manager
Other professional occupations in social science, n.e.c.
- Applied geographer
- Cultural geographer
- Economic geographer
- Historical geographer
- Industrial geographer
- Physical geographer
- Political geographer
- Urban geographer
In addition to providing an opportunity to apply theories and knowledge learned during your university studies outside the classroom, in real world situations, volunteering is a way to help the community and its many organizations. help students to contribute to their community by participating in projects that are related to their program of study.
The following examples of employers can offer internships or employment opportunities related to students’ program of studies. It is also useful to browse potential employers website to learn about the culture, read job postings and keep up to date with the latest development.
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada - AANDC
- Compass Geomatics Ltd.
- Duncan Geomatics & Consulting Ltd.
- Environment and Climate Change Canada - EC
- Global Raymac Surveying & Engineering
- National Research Council Canada - NRC
- Nature Canada
- Universal Geomatics Solutions - UGS
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada - DFO
- Mapmobility Corp.
- Ministry of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry
- Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
- Sernas Group
- Thunderhouse Forest Services Inc.
- Walker Industries
- Canadian Pacific Railway
- Earthmaster Environmental Strategies
- Focus Corporation
- Maltais Geomatics - MGI
- Urban Systems
Examples of professional organizations, presented by location, provide essential information on professional development opportunities and networking activities, the examples can also provide access to publications and job opportunities. They are a great source of information.
- Association of Canada Lands Surveyors
- Canadian Association of Geographers
- Canadian Cartographic Association - CAA
- Canadian Council for Geographic Education - CCGE
- Canadian GIS and Geospatial Rsources
- Canadian Institute of Geomatics
- Canadian Institute of Planners
- Environmental Services Association of Alberta - ESAA
- Environmental Services Association of Nova Scotia - ESNS
- Ontario Association of Remote Sensing - OARS
- Ontario Professional Planners Institute
- Royal Canadian Geographical Society
- Saskatchewan Association of Geomatics Technologists - SAGT
- Saskatchewan Environmental Industry and Managers Association - SEIMA