Welcome to the Pathology and Laboratory Medicine – Histology Core Facility (HCF):
Excellence in Research and Education
The HCF laboratory is equipped with:
- A fully automated Leica Bond III immunostainer to provide automated immunohistochemistry, in-situ hybridization and immunofluorescence
- Automated tissue processors for paraffin processing
- Automated microtomes for paraffin sectioning
- Automated stainer that can be programmed to provide a wide variety of routine and special stains
- Cryostats for sectioning frozen tissue
The HCF performs chromogenic or fluorescent immunohistochemistry staining on frozen and paraffin sections using either single or dual-color labelling. We also provide full service scanning using the Zeiss Mirax Midi, which digitizes whole microscope slides at 40X magnification and provides detailed high resolution images.
Experienced personnel in the HCF are available for consultation on project/protocol design, technical assistance and training on facility instruments. The Infinity Ideal Elan online system is used for all of our histological services and instrument training.
- As of July 7th, 2021, the Louise Pelletier Histology Core Facility (LPHCF) has transitioned to the Infinity Core Facility management software. The Infinity software will represent a change in the way users request services, schedule and access equipment and will streamline operations, billing and reporting.
Quick Guide for Infinity Idea Elan:
1. For New users (not a Principal Investigator (PI):
- Use the link below and follow the prompts to register for an account. This link will be used to login each time you use Infinity.
- Select the Lab/PI to request access. (This is the lab of your supervisor). If your lab does not exist in the options, please contact [email protected] to proceed.
- Select the Facility that you wish to request access (i.e., Louise Pelletier Histology Core Facility (LPHCF))
- All facility access request from uottawa.ca domain will be approved automatically. For all other internal users (such as OHRI, CHEO, TOH) and external users, the LPHCF will receive an email notification to approve your facility access request. Once approved, you should be able to submit service requests using our sample submission request forms and book instruments using the infinity scheduler.
2. New Users – PI only
If you are a new PI, and want to register your lab for our services, please contact [email protected].
If you are already in the system, you are not required to make a new account for LPHCF. However, you need to request access to our facility.