Dr. Gambarotta's research in organometallic chemistry and catalysis focuses on design and discovery of new active catalysts for olefin selective and non-selective oligomerization. Given the industrial relevance of these catalysts, we carry the preliminary screening in the lab and the final testing in cooperation with industry. A particular focus is on the understanding of the mechanistic aspects of the selectivity of the oligomerization reaction. This is in the view of extracting crucial information for the tailoring of new and more competitive catalysts.
- Licciulli, S., Thapa, I., AlBahily, K., Korobkov, I., Gambarotta, S., Duchateau, R., Chevalier, R., Schuhen, K. Towards selective catalytic ethylene tetranerization. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl., 2010
- Korobkov, I., Gorelsky, S., Gambarotta, S. Reduced uranium complexes: synthetic and DFT study on the role of p-ligation in the stabilization of uranium species in a formal low-valent state. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 131, 10406, 2009
- Vidyaratne, I., Nikiforov, G.B., Gorelsky, S.I., Gambarotta, S., Duchateau, R., Korobkov, I. Isolation of a self-activating ethylene trimerization catalyst. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 48, 6552, 2009
- Nikiforov, G.B., Vidyaratne, I., Gambarotta, S., Korobkov, I. Titanium-promoted dinitrogen cleavage partial hydrogenation and silylation. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 48, 7415, 2009
- Horvath, S., Gorelsky, S.I., Gambarotta, S., Korobkov, I. Breaking the 1.80 Å barrier of the Cr-Cr multiple bond between Cr(II) atoms. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 47, 9937, 2008