- Individual funding requests cannot exceed $10,000.
- Up to six applications will be funded.
- The duration of the grants is 12 months.
The Vice-Dean, Research confirms the grants based on the available budget.
- To support the publication of high-quality academic manuscripts written or edited by faculty members from the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- To defray the costs associated with the production of the manuscript (editing of the manuscript; formatting of proofs; printing; reproduction of graphics or images; translation; indexing; open access publication).
- The funds will help offset the production costs of the manuscript (copy editing; typesetting; layout of proofs; printing; binding, reproducing graphics or images).
- The funds will help offset the translation costs of the manuscript.
- The funds will help offset the costs of indexing.
- The funds will help offset the costs of publishing in Open Access.
- The applicant holds a full-time tenured or a tenure-track position at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ottawa.
- The applicant is the author or editor of the manuscript.
- The planned services must be performed between October 1 2023 and March 31 2024.
- The applicant is in good standing with respect to their prior financial management of research funds with the Office of the Vice-Dean, Research.
Application Requirements - ONE PAGE
- 250 words, jargon-free description of the project and its relation to the applicant.
- Description of target journal, press, and stage of production. Priority will be given to projects nearest to completion.
- Justification of the required budget.
Proposal Submission One PDF document including all elements of the proposal sent by e-mail to Sophie LeTouzé. Incomplete and late applications will not be retained. Please reach out to or for any questions, comments, or concerns.