- Director: Hi Nguyen
The Security Division is made up of five teams of security guards working shifts to ensure round-the-clock presence. Our personnel are here to provide you with maximum security on our campuses and are intent on providing the members of our university community with quality service. To respond as quickly and as efficiently as possible to the different types of emergency calls, we get around the campuses on foot, on bicycles and in hybrid vehicles.
- Assistant Director: Ryan MacDonald
- Operations Managers:
- Team Coordinators (Security Guards):
General e-mail address: inspect@uOttawa.ca 613-562-5800 xt6651
- Security systems technical support:
Call IT support at 613-562-5800 xt 6555 or open a support ticket
Office of Emergency Management
The Office of Emergency Management (OEM) has separated from Protection Services and is now a standalone Unit under the leadership of the University’s Emergency Manager & EOC Director, Dana Fleming.
OEM oversees the management of significant emergencies and disruptions at the University via the uO Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), as well as emergency and continuity planning, emergency preparedness and awareness, and fire safety.
The Office of Emergency Management:
- Provides strategic and operational guidance in the development of University building emergency plans, business continuity plans and emergency response protocols to ensure that regulations, standards and best practices are respected
- Develops and manages initiatives to improve the University’s emergency response capacity, such as the Crisis Management Structure, the Emergency Notification System (AlertUO) and the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC)
- Conducts emergency response exercises and delivers emergency preparedness training for the University community, including its responders
If you have any questions related to the services offered by this division, please contact one of the following members:
- Director, Office of Emergency Management
Dana Fleming, dana.fleming@uOttawa.ca 613-562-5800 extension 2873
- Coordinator, Emergency Management Program
Pierre Gagnon, pierre.gagnon@uOttawa.ca 613-562-5800 extension 6633
- Coordinator, Fire Prevention Program
Richard Sincennes, richard.sincennes@uOttawa.ca 613-562-5800 extension 6091
- Programs Officer
Jessica Laplante, jessica.laplante@uOttawa.ca
Prevention and Training Division
The Prevention and Training Division uses a proactive approach focused on prevention to offer lasting solutions to a variety of problems in an effort to prevent crime on campus. This division is also responsible for professional development of security guards.
- Training and Crime Prevention Coordinator: Valérie Séguin
This division conducts investigations into criminal offences that take place on University of Ottawa campuses.
- Investigator: Nathalie Charlebois
The Administration Division is responsible for managing the budgets, compensation, accounts payable and receivables.
If you have any questions related to the services offered by this division, please contact email@example.com
- Finance Manager: Colleen Bennett
- Financial Assistant: Sylvie Ricard