Request software for computers with sensitive data
Before submitting your request for software not in the Pre-approved list for software installations
Obtain written approval from the Authorized Approver. Information Technology will request a copy of this written authorization before processing your request. Before initiating your request, you will need:
- Approval from area Director (if there is no area Director, a 2nd level supervisor)
- Prepare the valid business justification
If you require software for personal-use, the approval from the area Senior Director, Dean or Vice-President is required.
Submitting your request
- Open a new
- In the Subject field, select Software Installation
- In the Enter a detailed description field, provide:
- The requested software and version
- The valid justification (only if software is not in the Pre-approved list for software installations)
- In the Notifying someone else about this request field, you must provide the email address of the individual who approved your request.
- Click Send to submit your request
Information Technology will contact you within 2 business days. The internal review process and security testing can take up to 5 business days.
If your request is an emergency, ensure you have approval and a valid justification. In the Service Desk form, provide the priority in the detailed description field. Based on these, if the business need outweighs the potential risk, Information Technology will install the software prior to internal review. Software may subsequently be removed if security vulnerabilities, viruses or malware are found.