The University of Ottawa recognizes that administrative staff and professors play an important role in executing its Strategic Plan, and more specifically international initiatives concerning students. This is why we have launched the International Staff Mobility program, which will allow support staff and professors to benefit from professional development in an international environment.
Through these mobility opportunities, administrative staff and professors will be able to exchange best practices with our partners, as well as be completely immersed in a new culture. This will allow them to develop international competencies, and in particular:
- understanding cultural nuances;
- acquiring intercultural communication skills;
- participate in international research and teaching activities (professors);
- appreciating the value of a mobility exchange for uOttawa students;
- bring back innovative ideas.
These newfound skills and knowledge will help these employees better serve an increasingly international campus community, promote mobility among our student body, and support us in strengthening our relationships with our international partners. This will contribute to the University reaching its internationalization objectives.