University-wide technical support
We are the University of Ottawa’s main IT support team.
Contact us if:
- You’re having trouble with your uOttawa accounts and passwords (uoAccess username and password, multi-factor authentification, VirtuO, uOttawa 365 Microsoft accounts, requests for sponsored university email accounts and departmental email accounts, email error messages, etc.)
- You can’t connect to eduroam for wireless access
- You’re having trouble with an application or the installation of University-supported software (Acrobat Pro, Antidote, Maple, MatLab, Mathematica, Microsoft applications, SPSS, SurveyMonkey, Student Labs and more)
- You need digital safety and security support (antivirus programs, multi-factor authentication, IT security assessment, compromised account, data security, recovering lost files with a uOttawa account)
- You’ve noticed a problem with a uOttawa webpage
- You’re having trouble with a University-owned computer or printer (excluding personal office printers), technology purchase, Scantron device or internal hosting for research and data storage
- You need help with teaching resources like online survey tools, listservs and StudentLabs
Teaching and Learning Support Service (TLSS)
The Teaching and Learning Support Service can help you integrate new learning technologies into your programs and courses.
Contact us if:
- You require immediate classroom support (for example, if your classroom podium, screen or projector isn’t working!)
- You need videoconferencing support
- You’d like to borrow or rent multimedia equipment
- You need support with educational applications and interactive tools (Book a consultation with a specialist to select digital pedagogical tools for your classroom.)
- You’d like to create virtual content for your course (for example, technology-based course and online teaching materials, like infographics and videos)
- You need help with remote teaching tools (for example, Zoom, Teams and lecture capture)
For immediate classroom or videoconferencing support or to borrow or rent multimedia equipment:
Main campus: 613-562-5900
Roger Guindon campus: 613-562-5800 ext. 4616
For urgent support with educational applications and interactive tools, creating virtual course content remote teaching tools: 613-562-5300
Technical support from faculties
Arts Café (Faculty of Arts)
The Arts Café provides Faculty of Arts’ professors with pedagogical and techno-pedagogical support during the ongoing pandemic as they shift to online, remote and bimodal teaching. The Arts Café team offers one-on-one consultations and support, while building a community of practice.
Resource Centre (Faculty of Education)
Our Resource Centre provides a range of resources and services to support students, promote the integration of technology, and foster digital literacy throughout the Faculty of Education’s professional programs. Find information regarding our in-person/online services by contacting us directly or browsing our website.
We offer help and support for professors or staff members using classrooms and meeting rooms at Lamoureux Hall (LMX). We also provide equipment loans and access to some platforms and software. For more information:
Engineering Information Technology Services (Faculty of Engineering)
Our team supports engineering students, professors and staff. We handle both general and specialized requests concerning software and technological tools exclusively used by the Faculty. Visit our website for information on software and applications, computer labs and printing services. Our team can also support Remote Apps.
Medtech Information Management Services (Faculty of Medicine)
Medtech supports the Faculty of Medicine’s academic mission with best-in-class integrated information management solutions and services that are responsive, cost effective and timely. We handle all Faculty activities relating to technology.
We can help you with the following:
- Storage capacity for all research laboratories and principal investigators
- Equipment (for example, podiums, microphones and sound systems, laptops and projectors) as well as event technical and audiovisual support
- Basic support and virus cleanup for University laptops and desktops
- Installation of software provided by the University (Microsoft 365, antivirus, etc.)
- Diagnosis of physical problems with computer components
Technical support resources (Faculty of Social Sciences)
For information about computers and devices, software, laboratories, podcasting services and the Faculty of Social Sciences computing team, see our “Computing and technical support services” page.
For online teaching services, teaching support, Virtual Campus, videoconferences and our Tech Fairy team, see our “Online teaching resources” page.