The University of Ottawa has a responsibility towards its employees to ensure its pension fund remains healthy, long-term as well as short-term. While the University’s finances and pension plan have been well managed, factors from weak financial markets, reduction of long-term interest rates and changes in demographics in Canada, mean that we must now act to ensure our pension plan remains sustainable.
- Pension Town Hall: presentation to retirees
- Pension Town Hall: presentation
- Message to employees
- Funding Plan (based on current information)
- Solvency Relief Application (based on information available to the University in December 2012)
- Actuary’s certification of valuation results (2013)
- Report on the Actuarial Valuation for Funding Purposes (2010)
- Should you with to know more about your pension plan
- University of Ottawa Retirement Pension Plan Documents
For any questions concerning the administration of your pension account and benefits, you may contact us by email at hrpension@uOttawa.ca or call Human Resources at 613-562-5832.
Pension Plan Financial Statements
The financial statements of the University of Ottawa's Retirement Pension Plan as approved by the Board of Governors, presented year by year.
- Financial Year 2016
- Financial Year 2015
- Financial Year 2014
- Financial Year 2013
- Financial Year 2012
- Financial Year 2011
- Financial Year 2010
- Financial Year 2009
- Financial Year 2008
- Financial Year 2007
- Financial Year 2006