Reimbursement of expenses
If you are conducting University of Ottawa business, you can request reimbursement from University-administered funds for authorized, legitimate and reasonable expenses.
News and updates
New “Conquering Concur” community of practice
To better support its users, Financial Resources is creating a community of practice (CoP) for compliance officers and contact points who work in faculties and services. This CoP is a meeting series concerning the reimbursement of expenses related to the Concur expense management system and the application of Policy 21—Reimbursement to Individuals for University Business Expenses. These meetings are intended to allow knowledge sharing and assistance among employees with similar compliance and user support functions; they are not training sessions.
Who can be part of this CoP
The CoP is for administrative employees in faculties and services with a compliance officer or contact point role wanting to:
- Better guide Concur users in their sector
- Learn about tips and tricks used by their fellow employees or find out about their challenges with Concur and the application of Regulation 21
- Learn about the latest developments on the reimbursement of expenses and Concur at the University
CoP meetings schedule
It is intended to hold them every two months. The format of the meetings may vary over time. Some will be more presentation-oriented while others will be round tables.
The meetings are by invitation only. The first meeting will be on Wednesday, March, 4, 2020, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., room 083, Tabaret Hall.
These meetings are part of the Expense Reimbursement Improvements project, which aims, among other things, to improve user support. The project started last spring with the revision of Policy 21 and is part of the Administrative Processes Modernization Program.
Questions and comments
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send an email to the Financial Operations and Administration team, Financial Resources.
Regular employees can request reimbursement for travel expenses online using the Concur expense management system.
After you log in, you can consult the following guides to help you submit a request, file an expense report or approve an expense.
Traveller user guides
- Administrative procedure for submitting an expense
- Concur expense management cheat sheet
- Exploring the homepage
- Logging into Concur expenses management system
- How to Setup Your Profile Settings
- SAP Concur for your mobile device *new
- How to Verify Your Email Address
- How to add a cash advance to an expense report
- How to add a Credit Card Charge to a report (TCARD and Personal Card)
- How to Calculate Personal Car Mileage
- How to Add Attendees
- How to Attach Receipts
- How to Attach a Missing Receipt Affidavit
- How to Allocate Expenses
- How to Reconcile a Pcard Advance
- Creating an Itinerary for per diem allowances
- How to Itemize a Hotel Expense
If you are not a regular University of Ottawa employee (e.g., a temporary employee without a contract, a retired employee, a student or a guest), you do not have access to Concur. You must therefore complete one or more forms to request a travel reimbursement. Learn which reimbursement form(s) to use.
For assistance with travel expenses
Your faculty or service contact point can help you with your travel request or travel expense report.
Faculty contact points
- Arts: Audrine Muhorakeye, ext. 3853
- Civil Law: Helga Dumontier, ext. 5298
- Common Law: Maria-Fernanda Cruz, ext. 3792
- Education: Ginette Mongeon, ext. 4100
- Engineering: Linda Lizotte, ext. 6557
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies: Anne-Marie Boivin, ext. 2613
- Health Sciences: Financial Operations and Administration
- Medicine: MED-TRAVEL
- Dean's Office: Alexandre Jablonski, ext. 6174
- Department of Biology: Baghavadgita Kanags, ext. 5718
- Department of Chemistry and Biomolecular Sciences: Josée Rouleau, ext. 5728
- Department of Earth and Environmental Science: Caroline Bisson, ext. 5773
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics: Carolynne Roy, ext. 3497
- Department of Physics: Hélène Bédard, ext. 5757
- Social Sciences: Arthur Nsabimbona, ext. 1709
- Telfer: Natacha Savage, ext 6614
Service contact points
- Animal Care and Veterinary Services: Wendy Ip, ext. 5412
- Community Life Service: Nadine Mineault, ext. 3376
- Co-operative Education Programs: Catherine Welsh, ext. 4378
- External Relations: Stéphanie Bigras-Charette, ext. 8825
- Facilities: Gilbert Daoura, ext. 6625
- Financial Resources: Financial Operations and Administration
- Housing Service: Marie-Line Breton, ext. 6136
- Human Resources: Financial Operations and Administration
- Information Technology: Nancy Gauthier, ext. 3705 and Dominique Denis, ext. 2646
- International Office: Diane Marois, ext. 4406
- Library: Nancy Leroux, ext. 3996
- Office of the President and Vice-Presidents: Anne-Marie Boivin, ext. 2613
- Parking and Sustainable Transportation: vacant
- Protection: Sylvie Ricard, ext. 3049
- Refugee Hub: Akjemal Gujikova, ext. 1405
- Research Management Services: Enjolie Provost, ext. 1936
- Risk Management: Isabelle Matte, ext. 6862
- Sports Services: Richard Verreault, ext. 4342
- Enrolment Management: Sébastien Lepage, ext. 2483
- Student Academic Success Service (SASS): Francine D'Amour, ext. 6616
- Student Services (various): Karine Boivin, ext. 3033
- Technology Transfer and Business Enterprise: Anne-Marie Boivin, ext. 2613
Other reimbursable expenses
The University of Ottawa extends hospitality to advance our interests, for example, for community and public relations purposes or events recognizing the excellence of University staff and students.
To request reimbursement of hospitality expenses, complete the hospitality fees reimbursement form.
Professional Expense Reimbursement (PER)
Login and technical help
(uOttawa Outlook username and password required)
For information regarding your faculty or service’s reimbursement processes, see the list of contact points in the “Travel expenses” section.
Technical questions? Concur: 1-866-793-4040 (available 24/7)
- Policy 21 — Reimbursement to Individuals for University Business Expenses