Reimbursement of expenses
If you are conducting University of Ottawa business, you can request reimbursement from University-administered funds for authorized, legitimate and reasonable expenses.
News and updates
Policy 21 additional briefings
As part of the rollout of the changes to Policy 21, Financial Resources has scheduled additional bilingual briefings for faculties and services. If you attended one of the briefings in June, please note that the same information will be discussed at these additional briefings.
- October 23, 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Roger Guindon Building, room 2005 (Amphitheatre A)
- October 30, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., STEM Building, room 117
- November 4, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., Desmarais Building , room 4101
New central Policy 21 compliance service
Effective October 1, 2019 — Financial Resources is responsible for ensuring that travel expenses are compliant with Policy 21 — Reimbursement to Individuals for University Business Expenses for all services under the Office of the Vice-President, Resources. Since 2015, faculties and service employees, along with a Concur expense management system compliance officer, have been responsible for compliance.
Financial Resources plans to expand this new service to other faculties and services in the coming months. This change is transparent to travellers and only concerns travel expenses.
More information about the new central Policy 21 compliance service.
Regular employees can request reimbursement for travel expenses online using the Concur expense management system.
After you log in, you can consult the following video tutorials and guides to help you submit a request, file an expense report or approve an expense.
Traveller user guides
- Administrative procedure for submitting an expense
- Guidelines - E-receipts (PAPERLESS CLAIMS)* revised
- E-Travel Cheat Sheet
- Exploring the homepage
- How to Login to Concur
- How to Setup Your Profile Settings
- SAP Concur for your mobile device *new
- How to Verify Your Email Address
- How to add a cash advance to an expense report
- How to add a Credit Card Charge to a report (TCARD and Personal Card)
- How to Calculate Personal Car Mileage
- How to Add Attendees
- How to Attach Receipts
- How to Attach a Missing Receipt Affidavit
- How to Allocate Expenses
- How to Reconcile a Pcard Advance
- How to Create an Itinerary for Per Diem Allowances
- How to Itemize a Hotel Expense
If you are not a regular University of Ottawa employee (e.g., a temporary employee without a contract, a retired employee, a student or a guest), you do not have access to Concur. You must therefore complete one or more forms to request a travel reimbursement. Learn which reimbursement form(s) to use.
For assistance with travel expenses
Your faculty or service contact point can help you with your travel request or travel expense report.
Faculty contact points
- Arts: vacant
- Civil Law: Helga Dumontier, ext. 5298
- Common Law: Maria-Fernanda Cruz, ext. 3792
- Education: Ginette Mongeon, ext. 4100
- Engineering: Linda Lizotte, ext. 6557
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies: Anne-Marie Boivin, ext. 2613
- Health Sciences: Financial Operations and Administration
- Medicine: MED-TRAVEL
- Dean's Office: Alexandre Jablonski, ext. 6174
- Department of Biology: Baghavadgita Kanags, ext. 5718
- Department of Chemistry and Biomolecular Sciences: Josée Rouleau, ext. 5728
- Department of Earth and Environmental Science: Caroline Bisson, ext. 5773
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics: Carolynne Roy, ext. 3497
- Department of Physics: Hélène Bédard, ext. 5757
- Social Sciences: Véronique Boily, ext. 1709
- Telfer:Telfer Travel
Service contact points
- Animal Care and Veterinary Services: Wendy Ip, ext. 5412
- Community Life Service: Nadine Mineault, ext. 3376
- Co-operative Education Programs: Catherine Welsh, ext. 4378
- External Relations: Stéphanie Bigras-Charette, ext. 8825
- Facilities: Gilbert Daoura, ext. 6625
- Financial Resources: Financial Operations and Administration
- Housing Service: Marie-Line Breton, ext. 6136
- Human Resources: Financial Operations and Administration
- Information Technology: Nancy Gauthier, ext. 3705 and Dominique Denis, ext. 2646
- International Office: Diane Marois, ext. 4406
- Library: Nancy Leroux, ext. 3996
- Office of the President and Vice-Presidents: Anne-Marie Boivin, ext. 2613
- Parking and Sustainable Transportation: vacant
- Protection: Sylvie Ricard, ext. 3049
- Refugee Hub: Akjemal Gujikova, ext. 1405
- Research Management Services: Enjolie Provost, ext. 1936
- Risk Management: Isabelle Matte, ext. 6862
- Sports Services: Richard Verreault, ext. 4342
- Enrolment Management: Sébastien Lepage, ext. 2483
- Student Academic Success Service (SASS): Francine D'Amour, ext. 6616
- Student Services (various): Karine Boivin, ext. 3033
- Technology Transfer and Business Enterprise: Anne-Marie Boivin, ext. 2613
Other reimbursable expenses
The University of Ottawa extends hospitality to advance our interests, for example, for community and public relations purposes or events recognizing the excellence of University staff and students.
To request reimbursement of hospitality expenses, complete the hospitality fees reimbursement form.
Professional Expense Reimbursement (PER)
Login and technical help
(uOttawa Outlook username and password required)
For information regarding your faculty or service’s reimbursement processes, see the list of contact points in the “Travel expenses” section.
Technical questions? Concur: 1-866-793-4040 (available 24/7)
- Policy 21 — Reimbursement to Individuals for University Business Expenses