Reimbursement of expenses

Personne qui travaille sur un laptop

If you are conducting University of Ottawa business, you can request reimbursement from University-administered funds for authorized, legitimate and reasonable expenses.

News and updates

Policy 21 additional briefings

As part of the rollout of the changes to Policy 21, Financial Resources has scheduled additional bilingual briefings for faculties and services. If you attended one of the briefings in June, please note that the same information will be discussed at these additional briefings.

  • October 23, 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Roger Guindon Building, room 2005 (Amphitheatre A)
  • October 30, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., STEM Building, room 117
  • November 4, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., Desmarais Building , room 4101

New central Policy 21 compliance service

Effective October 1, 2019 — Financial Resources is responsible for ensuring that travel expenses are compliant with Policy 21 — Reimbursement to Individuals for University Business Expenses for all services under the Office of the Vice-President, Resources. Since 2015, faculties and service employees, along with a Concur expense management system compliance officer, have been responsible for compliance.

Financial Resources plans to expand this new service to other faculties and services in the coming months. This change is transparent to travellers and only concerns travel expenses. 

More information about the new central Policy 21 compliance service.

Travel expenses

Regular employees

Regular employees can request reimbursement for travel expenses online using the Concur expense management system.

After you log in, you can consult the following video tutorials and guides to help you submit a request, file an expense report or approve an expense.

Video tutorials
User guides


If you are not a regular University of Ottawa employee (e.g., a temporary employee without a contract, a retired employee, a student or a guest), you do not have access to Concur. You must therefore complete one or more forms to request a travel reimbursement. Learn which reimbursement form(s) to use.

For assistance with travel expenses

Your faculty or service contact point can help you with your travel request or travel expense report.

Faculty contact points
Service contact points

For questions, comments or suggestions, or to notify us of changes to contact points, email Financial Operations and Administration.

Other reimbursable expenses

Hospitality expenses

The University of Ottawa extends hospitality to advance our interests, for example, for community and public relations purposes or events recognizing the excellence of University staff and students.

To request reimbursement of hospitality expenses, complete the hospitality fees reimbursement form.

Professional Expense Reimbursement (PER)

Professional Expense Reimbursement (PER) is a benefit available to APUO members administered by Human Resources. As per the APUO collective agreement, members can request a PER when they incur expenses through work or acquire work-related supplies and equipment.

Other payment methods

When you cannot use Concur, you can use other payment methods. To simplify payment and save you from having to use your personal funds or credit, the University offers two types of corporate credit cards.

Login and technical help


(uOttawa Outlook username and password required)

For information regarding your faculty or service’s reimbursement processes, see the list of contact points in the “Travel expenses” section.

Technical questions? Concur: 1-866-793-4040 (available 24/7)

Related project

Expense Management Improvements project

Picture with graphs

This reimbursement process is part of the Expense Management Improvements project. The project aims to review, simplify and standardize uOttawa regulations related to reimbursements and system workflow, as well as to improve the user experience through continuous access to a centre of expertise, information sessions and tools.

Back to top