“Warm welcome to Dr. Liyuan Wang as a new Microscopy Specialist at the CBIA core!”
New Microscopy Specialist at CBIA core
Acknowledge our facility
CBIA core success
New Upright microscope arrived: Leica Thunder Imager
This instrument is optimized for tissue fluorescent imaging thanks to the patented Leica’s computational clearing and deconvolution to remove out-of-focus blur, enhance contrast, and sharpen details!
Connect to R:drive
Due to some windows update we lost the "Medmap" tool on our workstation to connect to the Research drive.
New instructions here:
Need something to read? Check our useful links!
- StayGold: a new GFP for live imaging with unprecedented photostability
- When Light Meets Biology - how the specimen affects quantitative microscopy
- Colour me better: fixing figures for colour blindness
- Publishers unite to tackle doctored images in research papers and Check the guide about Image integrity
- Creating Clear and Informative Image-based Figures for Scientific Publications
- Effective image vizualization for publications
- Tutorial: guidance for quantitative confocal microscopy
- Sharper signals: how machine learning is cleaning up microscopy images
- The hunt for red fluorescet proteins
- Reproducibility and Metadata
- When antibodies mislead: the quest for validation
Cell Biology and Image Acquisition Core Facility
Faculty of Medicine
University of Ottawa
RGN 4206 & RGN 3111
451 Smyth Road
Ottawa, ON K1H 8M5
Who to contact?
John W.R. Copeland, PhD
Phone: 613-562-5800 ext. 8641
Microscopy specialist Senior and Facility Manager
Chloë van Oostende-Triplet, PhD
Phone: 613-562-5800 ext. 8376