We are offering the option to OPT-IN for an annual subscription to the CBIA core facility in order to help regular users of the core to save money on their microscopy charges. This subscription provides preferential rates for both equipment access and for technical support from our microscopy specialists.Note that the subscription is not mandatory. To take advantage of this benefit, we ask you to register your lab for your annual subscription before March 29th, 2023.
The annual subscription fees will be billed at the beginning of the fiscal year (April 1st).
The CBIA core subscription is OPTIONAL and available to all uOttawa and cross-appointed uOttawa principal investigators/personnel.
Subscription Fee at $450.00 per year per laboratory. This fee includes:
- 200 hours on the widefield microscopes and Stereoscopes. After 200 hours, usage will be charged at $2.50/hour
- 20 hours of support from our microscopy specialists (does not include instrument training). After 20 hours, microscopy specialist time will be charged at $50/hr.
- Free access to Image Analysis workstations.
- Free use of the BioWave for accelerated sample preparation.
- Preferential rate on the LSM880 and LSM800 confocals: $30/hr.
- Preferential rate on the Deltavision and Spinning Disk Live imaging systems: $12/hr.
- Preferential rate on the Incucyte: $1/hr/slot.
- Preferential rate on Instrument training: $50/hr.
Check the "pricing" above for more detailed information about the fee-schedule for members.
All new subscription inquiries should be sent to [email protected] before the training on an equipment is initiated.
All new users must provide contact information and decide on their subscription status for the current fiscal year before being granted access to facility resources. However, new laboratories may choose to opt in at a later date, pro-rated membership will be offered, but retroactive changes to fees are not permissible.
The CBIA core subscription is NOT mandatory. Check the pricing above for non-subscribers.