Disclaimer: The AEL AMS Laboratory is a LOW-BACKGROUND laboratory, FREE OF ENRICHED MATERIAL OF ANY KIND (14C, Tritium). As a submitter, you warrant that your samples are free of any enriched material. If enriched material from the samples (or the packaging in which they are shipped) results in contamination of equipment or instrumentation requiring decontamination or replacement, significant charges will be incurred.
Sample submission form
Please include a printed copy of the submission form with your shipment.
- Courier or ship samples with registered post (please indicate the tracking number in your correspondence).
- Please inform us prior to shipping if you are sending hazardous material.
- Classify material as, "Geologically inert samples for destructive scientific analysis - no commercial value".
- Send only the material you would like analyzed.
- Customs charges are the responsibility of the submitter; they will be included on your invoice.
AEL-AMS Lab, University of Ottawa
Advanced Research Complex (ARC)
25 Templeton Street
K1N 6N5, Canada
613-562-5800 ext. 6183
Current estimated turnaround time > 6 months (upon sample receipt)
Estimated turnaround time is based on the date samples are received and the amount of samples submitted. Please inform us of any project deadlines, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
Your tritium samples will often fall into two main categories: solid or liquid. For liquid sampling of tritium please collect the necessary amount of water in a plastic bottle, label clearly, and ship to us. We require a minimum of 260 ml for enrichment, 500 ml is preferred; for direct counting > 10ml is preferred, although less is possible if your activity is high. Please consult with us if you have very low sample volumes. No chemicals or preservatives are necessary, and neither is refrigeration. Please do not write directly on the bottle, please use tape or label. Bottles often move and rub during shipping and the writing can be obfuscated.