Each year, uOttawa hosts a wide variety of alumni events, from lectures by our best researchers to cocktail receptions and family activities. The events hosted at uOttawa are open to alumni, students and friends.
We also put on regional events in the 12 regions where we have the highest concentrations of alumni: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, Boston, Bay Area (California), Los Angeles, Paris, Hong Kong, London, and Shanghai.
Our events, whether in Ottawa or around the world, provide uOttawa alumni with the opportunity to network with successful professionals, hear about world-class research, and reconnect with the uOttawa community.
In addition to our year-round events, uOttawa hosts Alumni Week — the annual celebration for all alumni, and their friends and families. This year's alumni week will involve more than 30 events that are opportunities to refresh your mind, reconnect with your friends and rediscover your favorite campus! To learn more or to register, please visit the Alumni Week 2015 site.
We always need extra hands so please contact us should you wish to volunteer!
- November 17: Fall alumni event in Toronto
- November 25: Fall alumni event in Montreal
- November 25: How the social sciences help us understand homelessness and precarious living
- December 8: Honey, I Stressed the Kids: The Stress Response and Parenting in Fish
- January: Nursing and Rehabilitation Sciences Recruitment Reception
- January: Dress for Success workshops
- January: Extraordinary paths: How our Faculty of Arts alumni have shaped their careers
- January: Deconstructing Success: How our Engineering Alumni Built their Careers
- January 20-26-28 and February 1: Deconstructing Success: How our Social Sciences Alumni Built their Careers
- February: Networking 101 Workshops
- February 3: Engineering and High Tech Career Fair (winter edition)
- February 10: Graduating Students and Alumni Career Fair
- March: Backpack to Briefcase (Faculty of Arts)
- March: Backpack to Briefcase (Faculty of Science)
- March 7: Etiquette Dinner (English only)
- March 14: Etiquette Dinner (French only)
- March 15: Entrepreneurship Bridges Lecture – Presented by the Telfer School and Faculty of Engineering
*Keynote: Tony Stelliga (BSc ’88 – Computer Science)
- May: Young alumni event during Alumni Week
- May: Year-One Reunion (Class of 2015)