To submit your request, go to Finances and jobs in uoZone and select Refund Request.
Important: Don't forget to change your mailing address if necessary. You can change your address on uoZone under Applications.
Important information about refunds
1. You must withdraw from your courses by the date indicated in Important dates and deadlines. If you do not withdraw by the deadline, you forfeit your right to receive a financial credit.
2. A credit is automatically applied first to any amount you owe to the University. Any remaining credit amount can be refunded to you.
Note: Dropping courses may affect any financial aid or scholarships you receive. Financial Resources informs the Financial Aid and Awards office if your course load changes, and your funding may subsequently be affected. To find out whether this is the case for your financial aid or scholarships, visit the Financial Aid and Awards website or office.
If you have received a refund and your bursary is cancelled at a later date, you must reimburse the University. Your student account will be amended to reflect this change. If you fail to reimburse the University, your account will be subject to the rules governing overdue accounts.
3. Fees apply for requesting a refund.
If a change in your course selection generates a credit on your account and you request a refund, a $25 administrative charge is deducted from your refund, as indicated in the University’s administrative fees schedule. The course change or withdrawal must be registered in your student file by the deadline for course changes or withdrawal indicated in Important dates and deadlines. No administrative fee applies for refund requests related to scholarships.
4. Refunds of residence fees are subject to the terms of your residence contract.
Dropping courses or withdrawing from the University doesn’t automatically cancel your residence reservation or your residence contract. For more information on housing, please visit the Housing Service website.
5. Refunds for meal plan fees are subject to the uOttawa Card Service terms.
The uOttawa Card Service only issues refunds when it receives your complete documentation. You do not automatically receive a refund just by withdrawing from courses or leaving the University. For more information, see the uOttawa Card Service terms and conditions.
If you paid for your meal plan along with your residence fees, your refund will be credited to your student account. If you paid for it in person or online, you will be done by check.
6. Wait times
Financial Resources requires at least 10 business days to review your refund request and issue your refund. Registration periods are particularly busy and may result in longer wait times.
- The University does not reimburse third parties and will issue a refund only to students (excluding sponsored students).
- Payments received from individuals or organizations abroad will be refunded to these persons or organizations abroad.
- Dropping a course does not necessarily generate a credit on your student account. The drop date, a change in the student classification and other factors are taken into account.