These facilities bring together state-of-the-art equipment, instrumentation, methodologies and expertise crucial to the success of basic and clinical research activities. These facilities are accessible to all researchers across the University of Ottawa as well as to outside communities on a fee-for-service basis. To date, 14 cores have been established. For each facility, a director and user committees have been appointed to ensure accountability and optimal use for the continued commitment and success of our expanding core facilities.
The Faculty of Medicine, with support from affiliated hospital-based research institutes and the University of Ottawa, has successfully developed a series of cutting-edge core facilities.
Explore our Core Facilities
- Animal Behavior (BEH): Dr. Stephen Ferguson
- Bioinformatics: Dr. Theodore Perkins
- Cell Biology and Image Acquisition (CBIA): Dr. John Copeland
- Containment Level 2+ Core Facility (CL2+): Dr. Marc -André Langlois
- Flow Cytometry & Virometry (FCV): Dr. Morgan Fullerton
- Genomics (StemCore): Dr. Michael Rudnicki
- Human Pluripotent Stem Cells (HPSC): Dr. Wiliam Stanford
- Louise Pelletier Histology Core Facility (LP-HCF): Dr. Vidhya Nair
- Preclinical Imaging (PCI): Dr. Richard Aviv
- Protein Biophysics (PB): Dr. Jean-François Couture
- Proteomics Resource Centre (PRC): Dr. Daniel Figeys
- Metabolomics: Dr. Julie St-Pierre
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM): Dr. Baptiste Lacoste
- Genomic Editing and Molecular Biology Facility (GEM): Dr. Ryan Russell / Dr. Maxime Rousseaux
Common Equipment and Technical Services (CETS)
The Common Equipment and Technical Services core facility (CETS) provides access to common equipment and quality research technical assistance to Faculty members and research personnel based primarily in Roger Guindon.