The DEM offers a 1 year Fellowship in Simulation to self-funded postgraduate trainees in an Emergency Medicine program. The Fellowship would be of interest to physicians who would like to plan a career as a clinician educator with a focus on simulation-based education. The Fellowship program partners with the University of Ottawa AIME program (Academy for Innovation in Medication Education).
The fellowship year consists of:
- Didactic sessions in medical education and simulation-based education
- Leading and debriefing simulation sessions
- Planning educational programs and curriculum for simulation
- Conducting simulation-based educational research
- Clinical ED shifts to maintain clinical skills
Suitable candidates who are Canadian medical graduates are required to apply through the Fellowship application form.
Suitable candidates who are international medical graduates are required to apply through the Fellowship application system.