2018-2019 academic year
Non-exempt international students
New for 2018-2019 – International Student Bursary
The University of Ottawa is proud to announce that newly admitted international students enrolled full time in an undergraduate program starting in the Fall 2018, Winter 2019 or Spring 2019 term will automatically receive a scholarship of $1,250 per term for the normal duration of their studies.
This scholarship does not apply to:
- students already receiving the differential tuition fee exemption for enrolment in a program taught in French
- students enrolled in the Faculty of Engineering
Tuition fee calculation
Tuition fees are calculated based on how far you have progressed in your University of Ottawa program.
Fees are based on the total number of units you will have completed by the end of the term you are being billed for. The scale below was changed in 2018–2019 to reflect the range of academic paths and our flexible, growing choice of programs.
- 33 or fewer units
- 33.01 to 66 units
- 66.01 to 99 units
- 99.01 to 132 units
- 132.01 to 165 units
- 165.01 units or more
Example: If you have already completed two full-time terms (30 units with a standard course load), and will be enrolling for 15 additional course units each for the Fall and Winter terms, the total number of units used to determine your tuition fees for the Winter term will be 60, putting you in the 33.01 to 66 units tuition fee level.
International students studying in French can be eligible for a differential tuition fee exemption.
Tuition fee predictability commitment
Tuition-fee are established by the University of Ottawa each spring for the following academic year. Because we are committed to ensuring that newly admitted international students are able to predict their tuition fees beyond first year, we have put in place the following measures.
- Limiting tuition fee increases to 5.5% for international students admitted for the Spring-Summer 2019 term or earlier who remain enrolled full time and move normally from one level of tuition fees to the next.
- This applies until students reach the final tuition fee level indicated for their program, after which students pay final-level tuition fees for subsequent years.
- This excludes new fees that may be imposed by the Ontario government, incidental fees, ancillary fees and administrative fees.
U-Pass - new
Fall 2018 and Winter 2019
New — This year, the cost of the U-Pass (Universal Transit Pass) has been included in the overall incidental fees. This is not an increase in incidental fees, but rather, a change in how this cost is presented. You can pay for your U-Pass along with your fall tuition, at a cost of $415.04. This U-Pass is valid for both the Fall and Winter terms, from September 1, 2018, to April 30, 2019. Full-time students enrolled for just the Winter term (not the Fall term) must pay $207.52 for a U-Pass, which is valid from January 1 to April 30.
Students enrolled full time for the Spring-Summer term must pay $207.52 for a U-Pass, which is valid from May 1 to August 31.
Find tuition fees for a program
There are no results for this selection. Please make a selection and click “Submit”.