2019-2020 academic year
Non-exempt international students
Undergraduate Education Bursary for International Students
Newly admitted international students enrolled full time in an undergraduate program starting in the Fall 2019, Winter 2020 or Spring 2020 term will automatically receive a scholarship of $1,250 per term, up to a maximum of $10,000
This scholarship does not apply to:
- students already receiving the differential tuition fee exemption
- students enrolled in the Faculty of Engineering
- students enrolled in the Telfer School of Management
Tuition fee calculation
Tuition fees are calculated based on how far you have progressed in your University of Ottawa program.
Fees are based on the total number of units you will have completed by the end of the term you are being billed for. The scale below was changed in 2018–2019 to reflect the range of academic paths and our flexible, growing choice of programs.
- 33 or fewer units
- 33.01 to 66 units
- 66.01 to 99 units
- 99.01 to 132 units
- 132.01 to 165 units
- 165.01 units or more
Example: If you have already earned 30 course units, and are enrolled in courses worth 15 units in the fall term, the number of units used to determine your fall tuition fees will be 45 (30+15), placing you in the 33.01-to-66-unit tuition fee level.
Tuition fee predictability commitment
Tuition-fee are established by the University of Ottawa each spring for the following academic year. Because we are committed to ensuring that newly admitted international students are able to predict their tuition fees beyond first year, we have put in place the following measures.
- Limiting tuition fee increases to 5.5% for international students admitted for the Spring-Summer 2020 term or earlier who remain enrolled full time and move normally from one level of tuition fees to the next.
- This applies until students reach the final tuition fee level indicated for their program, after which students pay final-level tuition fees for subsequent years.
- This excludes new fees that may be imposed by the Ontario government, incidental fees, ancillary fees and administrative fees.
Find tuition fees for a program
There are no results for this selection. Please make a selection and click “Submit”.