Architecting our future technological landscape and implementing sustainable practices to ensure the long-lived success of our solutions is essential. We must search for technology that reduces our carbon footprint. But beyond that, we need to apply a long-term vision of delivering and sustaining collaborations, partnerships, management principles, and governing practices as we go about the business of information technology. Sustainability and trust go hand in hand.
“Technology enabled research and learning is a game-changer for many scholars and students.…balancing sustainable and long term approaches is essential to the success of our institution.”
— University Librarian and Vice-Provost (Knowledge Systems)
Implement best and finest practices of service, solutions and support delivery.
- Invest in our employees and talent growth to ensure adaptable and sustainable skills for the future.
- Build an IT service-view to align with IT Operation Management (ITOM).
- Consolidate and federate knowledge bases to meet business needs.
- Automate, standardize and simplify service delivery processes (ITSM).
- Enhance our call centre solution to offer integration with the ITSM tool.
- Modernize campus printing to enable mobility, reduce carbon footprint and simplify print management.
- Implement modern mobile device (e.g., tablets, smartphones) management.
Strengthen IT security and data privacy policies, standards, risk management processes and technical capabilities to secure university assets, data and operations.
- Enhance our security capabilities related to network, infrastructure and applications.
- Leverage modern, secure, and cloud-hosted solutions.
- Promote and enforce leading secure SDLC standards and processes.
- Comply with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Develop and focus on increasing our cybersecurity skills and talent to meet ever-growing threats.
Lower complexities and costs by transitioning operations to automated processes driven by intelligent cloud computing resources.
- Increase visibility on the status of solutions and infrastructure.
- Provide computing services to meet research needs for AI and machine learning.
- Leverage the cloud to provide high-availability and resiliency to our core applications.
Harmonize, simplify, consolidate and scale our infrastructure ecosystem.
- Build a highly automated, fast, scalable and reliable IT infrastructure.
- Decommission legacy components and replace outdated assets.