Message from the Division Head
The Division of Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery provides a diagnostic and therapeutic clinic for women complaining of urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. As such the clinic boasts state of the art diagnostic equipment and qualified personnel. This includes nurse continence advisors and advanced fellowship trainees.
We are the only recognized URPS clinic in Eastern and as such receive secondary, tertiary and quaternary referrals from this large catchment area. Medical students and residents rotate through the clinic on a regular basis.
We provide care in a compassionate and caring fashion for patients throughout the lifespan. Our population includes many elderly patients requiring advanced multidisciplinary care.
Our division’s 5 Urogynecologists are actively involved in numerous research initiatives and leadership roles at the University, hospital and national level.
Our clinical and surgical programs include:
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse-Reconstruction
- Incontinence Procedures
- Laparoscopic reconstruction
- Conservative management of pelvic floor disorders
Currently the Urogynecology Clinic is housed at the Riverside Campus in the Shirley E. Greenberg Womens Health Centre, a state of the art facility that opened its doors in early 2005.
Dr. Hisham Khalil, Division Head
- Tertiary Consultation service
- Complete multichannel urodynamic investigations
- Diagnostic cystoscopy
- Pessary fitting clinic
- Nursing assessment clinic with teaching of pelvic floor exercises
- Patient education sessions
- Intermittent self-catherization clinics