Non-exempt international students
Master’s and diploma
Education Bursary for International Master’s Students
International students enrolled full time in a master’s program starting in the Fall 2019, Winter 2020 or Spring 2020 term will automatically receive this bursary.
This bursary does not apply to:
- students already receiving the differential tuition fee exemption
- students enrolled in the Master of Engineering (MEng), the Master of Business Administration (MBA), the EMBA, the Master of Business in Complex Project Leadership (MBCPL) or the Master of Health Administration (MHA).
Master’s degree with thesis
The Bursary will be offered over a two-year period, for a total value of $4,800. An amount of $800 will be awarded for the first six terms of full-time enrolment.
Master’s degree with research paper, research project or course option
The Bursary will be offered over a one-year period, for a total value of $2,400. An amount of $800 will be awarded for the first three terms of full-time enrolment.
Tuition fee calculation
Tuition fees are calculated based on how far you have progressed in your University of Ottawa program.
Fees are based on the total number of terms you will have completed by the end of the term you are being billed for:
- 2 terms or less
- 3 to 5 terms
- 6 to 8 terms
- 9 terms or more
Example: If you have already completed two full-time terms in a graduate program, and will be enrolling full time for the Fall and Winter terms, the total number of terms used to determine your tuition fees for the Winter terms will be 4, putting you in the 3 to 5 term tuition fee level.
Tuition fee predictability commitment
Tuition-fee are established by the University of Ottawa each spring for the following academic year. Because we are committed to ensuring that newly admitted international students are able to predict their tuition fees beyond first year, we have put in place the following measures.
- Limiting tuition fee increases to 5.5% for international students admitted for the Spring-Summer 2020 term or earlier who remain enrolled full time and move normally from one level of tuition fees to the next.
- This applies until students reach the final tuition fee level indicated for their program, after which students pay final-level tuition fees for subsequent years.
- This excludes new fees that may be imposed by the Ontario government, incidental fees, ancillary fees and administrative fees.
Note about U-Pass fees: We published the wrong amount for 2019–2020 U-Pass fees on certain University fees web pages. This has now been corrected. The actual amount is $425.42 for the Fall and Winter terms combined. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Find tuition fees for a program
There are no results for this selection. Please make a selection and click “Submit”.