Benefits of course evaluation
- Engage with your students.
When you encourage your students to complete their evaluations, you help the University offer top quality programs and courses.
- See the impact of your teaching.
Feedback from students reflects the impact you have on their lives beyond the grades and your commitment to their learning.
- Excel as a professor.
Directly measure how well you are teaching your students and learn how you can improve your teaching methods to help them succeed.
Customized formative evaluation
The customized formative evaluation is an optional tool tailored to your individual needs that provides feedback on specific aspects of your courses. You can choose up to 10 questions from the bank of customized questions to be added to the official evaluation of your course. To include these questions, proceed as described below.
1. Go to VirtuO.
2. Log in.
3. Choose the course to which to add formative questions.
In Blue, you will see a list of all the courses you are teaching at the moment. Choose one of these courses to add questions. Note that you can add the same questions to evaluations for all your courses.
4. Choose the questions to be added.
The questions are categorized by theme. In each category, click Show section to see all the questions in a given theme. Select the questions you wish to add to the questionnaire (maximum of 10).
Click on Submit.
You alone will see the answers to the questions you have added, and you can only see them during a specific timeframe.
1. Go to VirtuO.
2. Log in.
3. Choose the course whose results you want to view.
In Blue, you will have access to a list of all the courses you are teaching at the moment. Choose one of these courses to view results (number of responses, number of students in the course and participation rate).
Review your course evaluation results and compare them with those of previous years to help you improve your skills and become the best professor you can be…
Click on S-Report — Evaluation of teaching and courses under the "Applications" tab in VirtuO.
- See the results of your evaluation in real-time during the two-week period
- Select your customized formative questions online (you have the option of choosing the same questions for all your courses)
- Avoid legibility problems by reading your student comments online
Frequently asked questions
Evaluation and its function
Impact of evaluation
- July 9 to 23 (for session A, from May 1st to July 23)
- May 28 to June 11 (for session B, from May 1st to June 11)
- July 16 to 27 (for session C, from June 18 to July 27)
- August 13 to 27 (for session D, from July 16 to August 27)
Tool for the evaluation in the classroom
During the 20 minutes evaluation period in the classroom, you can display this slide on the screen. This slide presents all the steps students need to take in order to do the online evaluation.