Benefits of course evaluations
- Engage with your students.
When you encourage your students to complete their evaluations, you help the University offer top quality programs and courses.
- See the impact of your teaching.
Feedback from students reflects your commitment to their learning.
- Excel as a professor.
Directly measure how well you are teaching your students and learn how you can improve your teaching methods to help them succeed.
Customized formative evaluation
The customized formative evaluation is an optional tool tailored to your individual needs that provides feedback on specific aspects of your courses. You can choose up to 10 questions from the bank of customized questions to be added to the official evaluation of your course. You alone will see the answers to the questions you have added once the final marks are considered official.
To include these questions, proceed as follow:
- You will receive an email inviting you to add your customized formative questions on EvaluAction. Click on the link provided in the email or log in to VirtuO. Under the "Teaching and research" tab, click on the EvaluAction Platform link.
- On the EvaluAction platform, you will see a list of all the courses you are teaching at the moment. Choose one of these courses to add questions. Note that you can add the same questions to evaluations for all your courses.
- The questions are categorized by theme. In each category, click Show section to see all the questions in a given theme. Select the questions you wish to add to the questionnaire (maximum of 10 per course).
- Click Submit.
Evaluation response rates
As a professor, you can see how many of your students have completed your evaluation at any given time. To do so, follow these instructions.
- You will receive an email inviting you to view your response rates on EvaluAction. Click on the link provided in the email or log in to VirtuO. Under the "Teaching and research" tab, click on the EvaluAction Platform link.
- In the EvaluAction platform, you will have access to a list of all the courses you are teaching at the moment. Choose one of these courses to view the number of responses, the number of registered students and participation rate.
Frequently asked questions
Evaluation and its function
Impact of evaluation
July 9 to 23 (session A)
May 28 to June 11 (session B)
July 15 to August 26 (session C)
August 15 to 26 (session D)
November 18 to 29
March 16 to 27