How to purchase a permit

Payment through payroll deduction

Multiyear parking permit

Members of the regular support and faculty staff, who hold a permanent position or a contract that is longer than one-year, are eligible for payment of their parking permit through payroll deduction for multiyear permits.

The multiyear permit does not have an expiry date. You must return the multiyear permit if you leave the University of Ottawa, if your contract is expired or if you no longer need the permit.

If you must be absent from the University for a minimum of three months, you may request that your permit be suspended until your return. To do so, you must return your parking permit to the Parking and Sustainable Transportation Office, before you leave.

You are responsible for all costs associated with the permit until it is returned to the Parking, Traffic and Sustainable Transportation Office. In the case that the permit would be lost a fee of $60.00 will be necessary to replace your parking pass.

Accessible parking permit

Person with reduced mobility (parking permit from the Ministry of Transportation).


The University of Ottawa is a private property. Therefore, persons holding an Accessible Parking Permit issued by the Ministry of Transportation must pay to park on the University of Ottawa campus. For more information, please refer to our daily rates.

Permit holder

If you are a member of the University of Ottawa community you can purchase a parking permit that allows you to park in the designated area identified with the accessible parking pictogram. To do so, you must present your Ministry of Transportation Accessible Parking Permit to the parking office, when you apply for and pick up your University of Ottawa permit.

By displaying your University of Ottawa Parking Permit and your Accessible Parking Permit from the MTO, you have access to any exterior parking lot.

Temporary accessible parking permit (with medical note)

Faculty and Staff who are parking permit holders and have special needs for a definite period of time must provide a medical note to the Health and Wellness Sector, Human Resources Service, 550 Cumberland Street, who will contact the Parking and Sustainable Transportation Office.

Please note that the temporary accessible parking permit allows for closer parking for a duration of up to three months, excluding parking on-street or in the lot at 100 Marie-Curie. If you require accessible parking for a period exceeding three months, you must provide a Ministry of Transportation Accessible Parking Permit.

Motocycle permit

Permit holders 

The University of Ottawa has assigned parking spaces designated for motorcycles. They are located in various lots on the Main campus (K, P and Z).

There are no designated parking spaces for motorcycles at the Roger Guindon / Alta Vista campuses or at 200 Lees Avenue. However, with a valid permit, you can park at these locations, in any regular parking space. 


Visitors may park their motorcycles on the Main campus, at the 200 Lees Avenue and the Roger Guindon and Alta Vista lots. Please refer to the daily rates for these locations.

Where to place the permit?

Where the permit is placed on the motorcycle is at the driver’s discretion as long as it is visible at all times.

Do not hesitate to contact the Parking, Traffic and Sustainable Transportation Office for further information: [email protected]