Discover our services
Would you like to improve your French and/or English language skills? OLBI’s conversation workshops offer to all members of the University community, an opportunity to interact in French and/or English, and to discover certain cultural elements that are language-specific.
Our workshops, in groups or on an individual basis, are facilitated by students like you who are eager to meet you! Our entire team is here to facilitate your language learning journey and to make your transition, both socially and academically, as smooth as possible.
Educational resources and entertainment
- Educational software and relevant audiovisual equipment
- Reference Texts (encyclopaedias, dictionaries, and various self-directed learning materials)
- Feature films, novels, short stories, comic books, magazines
- Teaching manuals and workbooks with their audiovisual supports (DVD, CD)
- Come join our groups on and !
- Student Lounge, a quiet area where you can study at your own pace
- Open space with tables and study rooms
- Specialized journals in the field of language acquisition and bilingualism
- Theoretical works on methodology in second language teaching and learning
ILOBify is an app that allows you to expand your learning of French or English as a second language thanks to a host of resources: documentaries, films, articles, music, digital tools, and more!
“When I first heard about the workshops I was super excited to find an opportunity to practise my oral French in a safe space, free of judgment.”
Vara, student at uOttawa
Monday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
N.B.: Please note that the JCRC will be closed to the public from February 18-24, 2024 for the Study Week. The Centre will also be closed for the Easter break from March 29 to April 1st. For any urgent matters, please send an email to .