Our conversation workshops give students the opportunity to interact in either French or English, and to discover certain new cultural aspects. After two years of mostly online interaction, we are really excited to meet you in person on campus. Most workshops will take place in person, at the Julien Couture Resource Centre and we are looking forward to welcoming you here!
Conversation workshops take place during the fall, winter and spring-summer semesters for students at the advanced, intermediate and beginner level. They go on for 12 weeks. Three student facilitators host the workshops, including two for French (FLS) and one for English (ESL). Would you like to learn more about conversation workshops? Read .
Movie nights at OLBI’s JCRC
Come and join us as we continue with our Movie afternoons throughout the 2022 fall term. Once again, we will be screening movies representing Francophone, Anglophone as well as other cultures and languages. For September, we invite you to come to the Julien Couture Resource Centre every Wednesday starting from September 14 to enjoy the experience. We look forward to seeing you at the JCRC!
Educational resources and entertainment
- Educational software and relevant audiovisual equipment
- Reference Texts (encyclopaedias, dictionaries, and various self-directed learning materials)
- Feature films, novels, short stories, comic books, magazines
- Teaching manuals and workbooks with their audiovisual supports (DVD, CD)
- Student Lounge, a quiet area where you can study at your own pace
- Open space with tables and study rooms
- Specialized journals in the field of language acquisition and bilingualism
- Theoretical works on methodology in second language teaching and learning
“When I first heard about the workshops I was super excited to find an opportunity to practise my oral French in a safe space, free of judgment.”
Vara, student at uOttawa
Julien Couture Resource Centre
Fall 2022 | September 6 – December 9, 2022*
Monday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The JCRC will be closed for Thanksgiving (October 10) as well as for the Study Week (October 23 to 29).