The role of the Language Support Services for Professors is to create a university environment where professors communicate in both official languages, both written and spoken. Our support services are flexible and diverse. They may include reviewing classroom materials, preparing for language tests, group classes, and especially individual support.
OLBI offers many French and English courses, along with a series of services specifically geared towards University of Ottawa professors.
Courses offered – Winter 2023
Language support services for full-time professors (APUO members)
All language support services will be offered via distance learning.
The language support services may include the following:
- Basic language skills
- Advanced language skills
- Preparing for administrative positions
- Preparing to teach in a second language
- Basic writing skills
- Academic writing for publication
- Getting ready for lectures or conferences
- Getting ready for active and passive language tests