I have a uOttawa student number.
If you complete the ESL course placement test, the FLS course placement test, or the Immersion Entry Test, a non-refundable $29.95 fee will be added to your Statement of account which you can access in uoZone.
If you complete the Civil Law test, a non-refundable $35.25 fee will be added to your Statement of account which you can access in uoZone.
Please ensure that you access and run the right test.
- Windows, Mac or Linux desktop operating system
- 'High speed' internet
- An up-to-date browser that supports Flash, Chrome is strongly recommended. Do not use Safari.
- Flash (version 22 is recommended), if you use Chrome, Flash is built-in
- Speakers for audio playback
- A microphone is required for speaking tests; USB microphones are recommended
- Minimum resolution of 1024x768 but recommend resolution of 1368x768 and up
The application is not compatible with smartphones and tablets. Please use a desktop computer.
Audio set-up and practice test:
- The first thing to do when you login to uOLangTest is to set up the Audio. After you have logged in, click on the speaker symbol at the top of the XpressLab dashboard.
- Try out the Practice Tests. This will ensure that you are familiar with the different types of questions and that your audio equipment is functioning properly.
Access the test:
N.B. If you are applying to the Rehabilitation Sciences program, you must wait until you receive your uOttawa student number, email address and password before accessing the test.