Explore, develop, and ignite your passion for the world of Capital Markets!
Scotiabank’s UpLIFTED Women in Finance Development program is a selective program designed for female first and second year students who have an interest in finance. Our program supports and develops women early in their academic career by providing exposure, insights and opportunities to learn about finance from experienced professionals.
The development program will run from January 2022 to June 2022. Throughout the program participants will be assigned a mentor, get access to targeted workshops to help prepare candidates, and the opportunity to participate in candid discussions about what it means to be a woman in finance. Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Introduction to Capital Markets Networking best practices
- Elevator pitch
- Resume and Interview workshops
- Leadership and empowerment workshops
- Key discussions about qualities that make women successful in finance
- Analyst and Senior panels
Participants will also have the opportunity to engage with senior leaders to discover different career path opportunities within Capital Markets as well as having access to recruitment opportunities for co-op roles.Program Eligibility:
We are seeking highly motivated individuals who are interested in key learning and development opportunities within capital markets! Top candidates will demonstrate a high level of energy and a keen desire to learn new concepts, with an interest in the financial markets. To apply, you must:
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in any discipline
- Have entered first or second year of study as of Fall 2021
- Have a passion or interest in learning about capital markets and finance
- Have a track record of success in academics and extracurricular achievements
- Be interested and available for meetings and program sessions with assigned mentor(s)
We are committed to offering you extensive opportunities for development and professional growth. Simply put, your future is our investment.
This program is open to students across Canada. Due to the geographically concentrated nature of the industry, geographic proximity between advisors and participants may not always be feasible.
Deadline to register:
December 7th 2021
- Submit your full, unofficial transcript to the "Resume" section of this application; and
- Complete a video interview via this link: https://ca.rivs.com/73-17-15/
You must complete both steps for your application to be considered for the UpLIFTED Development Program.