- Clinical Educator
- Health Educator
- Nurse Educator
- Prenatal Educator
- Health Programs Development Trainer
Concentration in Health Professionals Education
About the concentration
This program allows you to collaborate with health professionals to improve their teaching and assessment strategies, evaluate their educational programs, develop programs and conduct educational research in a wide range of health settings. Most of our students are trained health professionals (ex.: physician, nurse, occupational therapist) who wish to develop their teaching skills while encouraging health education researchers to develop innovative teaching programs in the field of health.
Note: The English program is offered by the faculty of Education.
- Support health professionals as they develop their educational expertise (e.g. pedagogy, evaluation of competencies).
- Deepen health professionals’ understanding of teaching, learning and related issues.
- Nurture the next generation of educational leaders in health care settings.
- Contribute to research in health professions education.
Course and research themes
- Cultural and individual differences in teaching and learning
- Curriculum design and product development
- Health professions teaching strategies
- Interprofessional education
- Learning assessment
- Principles of adult education
- Program evaluation
- Technology and education
This concentration is offered within the following degree options:
- Master of Education (MEd), coursework option
- Master of Education (MEd), major research paper option
- Master of Arts in Education (MA)
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Education (PhD)