Student Health and Wellness Centre
The Student Health and Wellness Centre is staffed by a multidisciplinary team of health professionals, including physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, health promotion specialists (education), psychotherapists, a psychologist and psychiatrists working together in a shared care model.
These services are offered to all students:
- Mental health services ((individual counseling, group psychotherapy, psychiatry)
- Health visit/walk-in
- Vaccination, injections, TB testing
- Prescription renewal
- IUD consultation and insertion
- Screening for communicable diseases. PAP test
- Health education, promotion, and prevention on several topics
As of May 1, 2022, you can book your appointment with a health practitioner for the same day or the following day in the following 4 ways. Make sure to have your student card and health card handy.
- In person: at 801 King Edward, Room N203
- By phone: by calling 613-562-5498
- Online: by using the web portal and selecting "patient".
- On the app: by downloading the UpPatient app from Google Play Store or Apple Store. When you launch the app, you must search the "uOttawa | Centre de santé et mieux-être étudiant / Student Health and Wellness Centre", select it and create your account. For more information on how to create your account, consult the UpPatient Help article (in English only). Please note that the help features on the app are available in English only.
Remember to always have your health card (or your UHIP number if you’re an international student) and student card handy when booking and attending your appointment.