The 4th year program is composed of the following:
- 18 weeks of electives – We will send you the details and procedures on how to apply for your electives in due time.
Note that if you have not completed your community elective of 4 consecutive weeks during your 3rd year, you must complete it during your 4th year.
- 4 weeks of mandatory selectives (2 weeks of Internal Medicine and 2 weeks of Surgery) done at The Ottawa These 4 weeks will be organized for you.
- Medical Council of Canada (MCC): Mandatory MCQ and CDMQ practice test
- Portfolio on core competencies: 2 meetings (one post for each meeting), and a final ePortfolio
- Transition to Residency Sessions
During year 4, students will also have 2 weeks of vacation for the winter break and 3 weeks reserved for residency CaRMS interviews.