You must meet the following requirements to receive a designation of “French Immersion” on your diploma:
- Complete the requirements of a .
- Complete at least 14 courses (42 units)* taught in French, including:
- A minimum of 2 courses (6 units) at the 1000 level, other than FLS;
- A maximum of 4 courses (12 units) for accompanying courses (FLS 2581, FLS 3581, FLS 4581, FLS 4781), of which a maximum of 2 courses (6 units) for FLS 2581;
- A minimum of 2 courses (6 units) at the 3000 or 4000 level, other than FLS.
Students in the Nursing program must complete 12 courses (36 units) taught in French, and meet the other requirements.
3. Pass the course FLS 3500, the Second Language Certification Test. This course does not earn any university units (except for students at the Telfer School of Management).
The French Immersion Stream requirements are different from the Financial Aid and Awards requirements: