The uOttawa English Experience summer program focuses on practicing English through participation. Students will develop their language skills and acquire intercultural communication skills for everyday life. During the 3- or 4-week program, you’ll be fully immersed in an English-speaking environment in Canada’s capital. Through active learning with our highly-qualified instructors you will enhance your English by completing task-based assignments focusing on practical, non-academic language skills. You’ll have the opportunity to interact inside and outside the classroom with other students coming from all over the world. Join us for a summer of fun discovering Canadian history and culture in Ottawa!
Our goal is to help you:
- Communicate effectively outside the classroom with both native and non-native English speakers
- Complete engaging tasks connected to your everyday life in the community
- Notice and appreciate similarities and differences between cultures
- Gain confidence speaking English in real world interactions
- Develop strategies for effective reading, writing, listening, and speaking using English