Managing Your Academic Career with Success
This module provides insights and proven success strategies for new and recently hired professors at the University of Ottawa.
The module covers a wide range of topics, including:
- establishing networks and becoming known;
- researching and publishing;
- obtaining tenure and promotion; and
- teaching and time management.
This workshop will be facilitated by
Centre for Academic Leadership
- "Thanks for sharing with us your accumulated wisdom on this subject – very helpful. Not to mention enjoyable as well. "
- "Great workshop! The speaker was very well prepared. I found this workshop very useful in setting out my goals. Made me think about my current time management, what can be improved, etc."
- "Well organized, honest reflection, good range of topics covered, excellent discussion (great you left time for this type of interaction) I really enjoyed the teaching style!"
- ''This was incredibly helpful! I found it very useful''
- «Excellent, captivant atelier. Essentiel.»
- «Bien organisé, représentation réaliste, plusieurs sujets reliés, une discussion excéllente (merci d'avoir fait du temps pour une telle interaction). J'ai beaucoup aimé la méthode d'enseignement! »(traduction libre)
- «Cet atelier m'a beaucoup aidé! Je l'ai trouvé très utile!» (traduction libre)
All University of Ottawa full-time professors (tenured or tenure-track).