During the summer, the University of Ottawa offers children and youth in our community the opportunity to learn and explore in our safe, friendly environment. Our fully bilingual Gee-Gees make up our team of coaches, counsellors and leaders. Our specially designed programs motivate all children and youth to take part in a variety of sports, games, activities, and initiatives. The chants, laughter and friendly banter of campers and counsellors are a staple on campus!
What you can expect:
- Starting June 26, 2023, camps running weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Before and after care available at no additional cost from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (late fees apply)
- Bilingual instruction
- A Gee-Gees camp T-shirt for all campers
- A wide range of camps — find out more store below
- Daily lunches!*
* Daily lunches are back! The cost of our daily lunch and snack has been added to your camp fees. Through our partnership with the University Dining Hall and Rideau Loblaws, campers will receive healthy fruit morning snacks and lunches that meet children’s nutrition and healthy eating standards: four all-you-care-to-eat lunches in our Dining Hall and one pizza lunch each week. For more information, email [email protected]
This summer, the University will be doing major renovations to our Aquatic Centre. This means our swimmers camps won’t take place in 2023, but our Aquatic Centre will be state of the art in 2024. We’re already looking forward to inviting you back to enjoy these major improvements to our Olympic-sized pool. Gee-Gees Swimmers Camps are a perennial favourite, so check back for the 2024 season!
Camper family information:
- Registration starts January 23, 2023.
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off parking.
- Each camp will have its own pick up and drop-off location. See our online Guardian Guide at geegees.ca for the full list and campus maps.
- Make sure your camper brings one afternoon snack daily.
- Camps will run rain or shine and in line with the Ontario COVID-19 regulations.