students on campus

Admission forms and fees

Here are the instructions and forms you may need in order to apply for admission to the University of Ottawa.

Note that application fees are non-refundable and vary, depending on the form, so be sure to pick the right one. Most applications are done through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC). However, applications for the Spring-Summer term, certificates and some programs listed in the second section must be submitted directly through the University of Ottawa.

Applications through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC)

Full-time programs in one of the following faculties:

Arts, Civil Law Section (Faculty of Law), Engineering, Health Sciences, Science, Social Sciences or the Telfer School of Management

The Undergraduate Application is intended for individuals who have never attended the University of Ottawa or Saint Paul University.

Full-time programs in Education, Common Law and Medicine

These forms are for all individuals who want to be admitted to the faculties of Education, Medicine or the Common Law Section of the Faculty of Law, regardless of whether they have studied at the University of Ottawa or elsewhere.

  • TEAS form: for admission to teacher education programs in Ontario
  • OLSAS form: for admission to a law school in Ontario
  • OMSAS form: for admission to a medical school in Ontario

Undergraduate admission application fees are payable to the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC), which also regulates them.

Fees are non-refundable and your application will only be forwarded if you have paid all fees. Visit the OUAC website for information on methods of payment.

Some administrative fees are payable to the University of Ottawa. To know if your application requires any additional fees, see the administrative fees page.

Find out about all University of Ottawa fees, including tuition, incidental and ancillary fees.