students smiling in front of tabaret

Applicants with study permits in Canada

Are you an applicant with a study permit currently enrolled in a Canadian institution? Read on to start the admissions process.

Prepare to apply

Your eligibility for University of Ottawa programs depends on the level of education you have completed or are completing, as well as the program.  

Take some time to read this page in its entirety before applying.   

  • If you have completed post-secondary studies, we will consider these studies when we evaluate your eligibility, even if you are applying to an undergraduate program.  

  • At the University of Ottawa, you can take your courses in English, French or both. The choice is yours! You will just need to demonstrate that you are sufficiently fluent in the language in which you choose to study.   

  • We might ask you to provide the results of a language proficiency test if you have not been studying in Canada for at least three years. For the most accurate information, check whether you meet the language requirements.  

Get admission information specific to you

Select your current or most recent school system for information tailored to you. These pages will also provide you with the steps for applying online and keeping track of your admission status.

Get to know us

Download our Programs and Admissions brochure (national edition) 2024 (PDF).

Campus tours and admissions events

Campus tours and admissions events

These events, activities and campus tours will allow you to meet representatives from the University of Ottawa and learn more about us.

Learn more

piggy bank


Explore the automatic scholarships available exclusively to international students.
Scholarships for international students

Contact information

Ling 2023

Hi! I'm Ling and the University of Ottawa’s representative for Applicants with study permits in Canada.

Write to me if you have any questions about admission requirements, financial aid, scholarships, or student services.

Receive up-to-date, exclusive information on our events, activities, and programs that match your profile.Sign up to our mailing list.


Join us on: