1. Where do I send my application supporting documents?
Documents should be sent to:
Graduate Academic Secretariat
Faculty of Social Sciences
University of Ottawa
120 University, Room 3021
2. How do I apply for financial support from the University of Ottawa?
Admission Scholarship: The admission scholarship for fall 2023 and winter 2024 will be given automatically to Canadian and permanent residents students whose admission average is 8.0 / 10 or more and who register full-time without interruption for the duration of the scholarship.
3. How do I apply?
4. How much does it cost to apply for admission?
The application fee is $110.00 in Canadian Funds.
5. If I apply to more than one program, do I need to pay more than 110$?
Yes, the 110$ fees are for each program applied to.
6. Where do I send my application payment if I do not pay with a credit card?
Ontario Universities Application Centre
170 Research Lane
7. What is the application deadline?
8. Is the offer of admission good for any session?
Offers of admission are valid for only one session.
9. How long do graduate studies take?
- Master's with major paper: one to two years
- Master’s with thesis: two years
- Doctorate: On average, four years; six years maximum.
10. How do I find accommodation?
11. How much will I pay in tuition fees?
The academic year is divided in three terms: Fall (September to December), Winter (January to April), Spring-Summer (May to August). The fees are billed at each term of registration. Each term, the fees that are billed are the tuition fees that are applicable for that specific term. Please note that the applicable fees are different each term and are reviewed on a yearly basis.