Conference travel grants for postdoctoral fellows
The Office of the Vice-Provost, Graduate ans Postdoctoral Studies recognizes the importance of sharing the research findings of postdoctoral fellows with the broader scientific community. To this end, the Office awards travel grants to these individuals so that they can present the results of their research at major conferences. The program also provides an opportunity to exchange with other researchers in one's field.
Postdoctoral fellows applying for a conference travel grant must:
- Have registered as a postdoctoral fellow with the Office of the Vice-Provost, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, from the start date of their initial contract;
- Must be registered with the Office of the Vice-Provost, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies at the time of the conference.
- The trip must take place within the first 36 months of their appointment.
- Postdoctoral fellows may obtain only one grant during their appointment;
- This grant has a maximum value of $600;
- This grant can only be used to cover the costs of transportation (train, plane, bus, or other), accommodation and conference registration fees at the most economical rate possible. No other travel expenses are eligible;
- The application must be accompanied by both an abstract of the paper and by proof that it has been accepted for presentation at the conference;
- The paper/presentation must deal with research results obtained during their appointment;
- The applicant must be the first author and presenter;
- The application form must include a detailed recommendation from the research supervisor.
All applications must be submitted before the actual conference. No application will be accepted after a conference.
- Submit the application form and all supporting documents to the Office of the Vice-Provost, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, Hagen Hall, 115 Séraphin-Marion Street (208), Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5. You can also submit your application by email by sending the scanned documents to email@example.com.
- Wait for the acceptance or refusal letter from the Office of the Vice-Provost, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies(copies will also be sent to the academic unit and the supervisor).
- Upon returning from the conference, complete the Request fo reimbursement of travel expenses form (.xls) and return it, along with original receipts and a proof of attendance at the conference, to the Office of the Vice-Provost, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
- A cheque will be issued and sent by mail to the applicant.
Supporting documents to be submitted
- An abstract of the paper to be presented;
- A proof that it has been accepted for presentation at the conference;
- A detailed recommendation from the research supervisor.