In light of the COVID pandemic emergency, the University of Ottawa has suspended in-person international mobility and therefore cancels research internships abroad for students for the spring-summer and the fall 2020 terms. The website will be updated as the situation evolves.
As a PhD student, you may receive a $4,000 Student mobility scholarship to conduct research abroad for at least one term in a foreign institution (research internship) in either year 3 or year 4 of your program. To be eligible, you must have received a University of Ottawa admission scholarship or excellence scholarship.
Minimum of six to eight weeks prior to leaving.
For more information or to apply for this scholarship, please contact:
Office of the Vice-Provost, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
115, Séraphin Marion Street
Telephone : 613-562-5800 – 1231
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
- be registered as a full-time student in the 3rd or 4th year of their PhD program at the University of Ottawa at the time of travel (research internship); and
- must have received a University of Ottawa admission scholarship or excellence scholarship.
Students in cotutelle are not eligible for this scholarship.
You will have to provide the following documents:
- Your curriculum vitae;
- A description of research to be conducted at the foreign institution;
- A support letter from your supervisor;
- An invitation letter from the researcher at the foreign institution.
* The information on this page is subject to change without notice and does not represent a commitment from the University of Ottawa.